Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Inspiration


This used to be my favorite word.  Granted, I was about 14 years old at the time, when the Little River Band introduced me to it (Cool Change, c.1978).  My vocabulary has increased a bit since then, and I have lots of new favorite words that have come in and then out of favor, but this one seems appropriate today as I write this post.   
This time of year, it is hard not to be inspired by the outside world. Every day, spring unfolds a little more detail....such as the first lightning bug of the season, a hummingbird returning to the feeder, the first signs of life from the garden, and an ever-changing blooming array of spring flowers (Chive blossoms and Bleeding Hearts!)

But, if I'm being honest, I thought that you might want to know the *inspiration* for this blog. Ummm, it comes from reading others.  There is so much to learn from others on our planet,
 and blogs are no exception.  Although daily learning through many different methods is part of my chosen profession, and lifestyle, I confess that I typically get sucked in to food related blo
gs (even when I know I should be doing something else).  My first, and standing favorite blog is written by the author of this book: 

Although admittedly a quick read, it has *inspired* me in numerous ways.  With that said, you will now understand the connection to this great dish. 

 I have been a short term vegetarian on and off over the years.  Really, I don't much miss meat, when on a meatless bender, as some claim.   But these days, I have opted to throw a few vegetarian meals in to the weekly routine, rather than a wholesale change.  For me, this works quite well.   But this little gem, coming from this lovely book, might just make you change your own party affiliation.   

Not only does it make a great dinner (please add brown rice and  packaged Naan, from Fabulous Flats, available at Giant Eagle and Costco), but a rather fine lunch for several more days after that.  And, might I also mention that the recipe calls for cilantro (read previous post), so you can multiply your eating pleasure.

1 comment:

  1. This is GOOD!!
    I can recommend and I have pedestrian tastes.

    ReplyDelete